The purpose of this policy is to set out how Top Shelf Recruitment Pty Ltd (Top Shelf Recruitment) collects, holds, uses, discloses and otherwise deals with personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
- Names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Passport and visa details;
- Bank and superannuation details;
- Details regarding gender and nationality;
- Emergency contact details;
- Dates of birth and contact details;
- Profile photographs;
- Driver’s licence;
- Qualifications, employment records and information from CVs, resumes or job application forms; or
- Tax file numbers.
- We only collect personal information by fair, lawful and non-intrusive means.
- We only use or disclose information for the purpose for which it was collected.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate and up-to-date.
- We have procedures in place to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access.
- We provide individual access to personal information held about the individual, and if we cannot provide access we will give reasonable written reasons for declining the request.
- We will use Commonwealth Government identifiers for the purpose for which they were issued, and we will not adopt our own identifiers of an individual except where it is necessary to carry out our functions effectively.
- Wherever lawful and practical, you will have the option of remaining anonymous when entering into a transaction with us.
- We will only transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign jurisdiction in circumstances where the information will have an appropriate level of protection.
Top Shelf Recruitment does not collect sensitive information, such as information on the health or criminal record of an individual, unless the individual has consented or it is required by law, or in special circumstances relating to the health and safety of an individual or the public in general.
Collection of Personal Information
Top Shelf Recruitment may collect personal information in various ways, including by way of dealing with you in person, over the telephone, through our website (including when you complete an application on our website, register as a user of our site or submit an enquiry through our website) or in writing. We may also collect personal information relating to third parties.
Use of Personal Information
Top Shelf Recruitment usually collects personal information so that we can assess and employ an applicant for a current or future role. The information we collect about applicants is used for reasons directly related to Top Shelf Recruitment's business and to allow us to perform the services applicants expect from us (including to facilitate and/or determine applications for employment or engagement with us or our clients). We may also use Personal Information of applicants to provide applicants with information and updates (including in relation to the job market or job opportunities), to undertake statistical analysis, or to evaluate the effectiveness of the services we provide.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Top Shelf Recruitment discloses Personal Information regarding applicants to our clients or potential clients, who labour hire or engage those applicants. We may also disclose an applicant’s Personal Information to a third party for the purposes of checking a reference provided in the applicant’s job application.
We may also disclose the Personal Information of applicants to contracted parties whom we engage to perform services on our behalf (including contractors, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisers and consultants, marketing or PR agencies and other third parties we may engage to assist in the operation and maintenance of our business and Website). These persons will only have access to such Personal Information required by them to perform their functions and may not use such Personal Information for any other purpose.