- Working in collaboration with the Head Chef you will share responsibility in managing the kitchen team.
- Work in a busy and fast paced environment where authentic food, great wine and friendly service are very much the focus.
- Lead the team to deliver a unique dining experience.
- Working with a talented team of chefs to produce high-end culinary offering.
- Control of stock and food quality.
- Lead by example as a hands on chef who can prepare food worthy of this location.
- Responsible for producing, reviewing and updating the menu & recipe cards.
Required skills & attributes:
- A charismatic, energetic approach to work.
- Someone who takes full accountability and 'ownership' of their role and section.
- Previous experience in a fast paced, high volume kitchen leadership role within a similar venue.
- Your positive and respectful style will set the benchmark for a dynamic team who you will be tasked with training and developing to the next level and beyond.
- Previous experience in communicating menu & recipe cards
- You will have a personal desire to succeed and genuine desire to be the best.
- Professional administration & IT skills, including professional communication via phone & email and use of relevant software.
Salary & benefits:
- $60,000 + superannuation
- Further benefits negotiable
- Flexible working hours
- Great work-life balance, no crazy hours
- Convenient Eastern Suburbs location
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates with skills relevant to our client's expectations will be contacted