- Reporting to the Head Chef, you will lead and supervise the junior team.
- Support the Head or Executive Chef in managing all aspects of the kitchen including ordering, production schedules, budgeting and staffing.
- Work in a busy and fast paced environment where great food and attentive service is very much the focus.
- Lead the team to deliver a unique dining experience.
- Working with a talented team of chefs to produce a high-end culinary offering.
- Control of stock and food quality.
- Lead by example as a hands on chef who can prepare food worthy of these venues.
Required skills & attributes:
- A charismatic, energetic approach to work.
- Previous wok experience is essential.
- Knowledge of a variety of Asian cuisines.
- Someone who takes full accountability and 'ownership' of their role.
- Experience working in upmarket restaurants highly regarded.
- Previous experience in a fast paced, high volume kitchen leadership role.
- Your positive and respectful style will set the benchmark for a dynamic team who you will be tasked with training and developing to the next level and beyond.
- You will have a personal desire to succeed and genuine desire to be the best.
- Flexible availability across a 24/7 roster (late finishes).
Salary & benefits:
- $75,000 package on offer
- Unique company benefits and discounts on offer
- Meals on duty
- Discounted parking available
- Opportunity to progress with Sydney's leading hospitality venue
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates with skills relevant to our client's expectations will be contacted