BENCHMARQUE are currently working with a highly regarded resort on a tropical island with idyllic surroundings who require top-tier culinary talent to lead their kitchen to the next level of success. If you are a career-focused chef interested in leaving the city life behind, get in touch today!
- Reporting to the resort's award-winning Executive Chef, you will take responsibility for all aspects of the kitchen including ordering, stock control, budgeting and staffing
- Assist with designing, creainge and implementing new seasonal menus
- Lead by example as a hands-on chef
- Bring a fresh and innovative approach to the business
- Lead, motivate and mentor your team to the next level of success
- Provide high quality dining experiences across a la carte and some functions including weddings
- Work in unique and picturesque surroundings
- Work with locally sourced produce and enjoy true paddock to plate relationships with your suppliers
Required skills & attributes:
- Your experience working in upscale dining establishments will inspire and motivate your team
- Proven ability in a culinary leadership role - opportunities to suit experienced Sous Chefs or experienced Junior Sous Chefs ready to make the step
- In-depth knowledge of modern cooking techniques, food styling trends and the use of quality fresh ingredients
- Your respectful leadership style will create a positive team culture
- You enjoy training and developing your team towards the next level
- Experience in catering for events advantageous
- You will have a personal desire to succeed and genuine passion for what you do
Salary & benefits:
- Up to $70,000 + superannuation
- Free accommodation & meals on offer
- Relocation assistance
- 3 months off each year (resort closes in off-season for upkeep & renovation)
- Make a name for yourself and the business
- Unique lifestyle opportunities await you!
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of the workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates with skills relevant to our client's expectations will be contacted