Venue Supervisor [2IC]
Location - Terrigal, NSW
Location - Terrigal, NSW
BENCHMARQUE Premium Partner
Our client is a prominent Bar Group with several amazing venues across Sydney Metro & Central Coast.
“They’re growing, they’re cool and they have a great team & culture”
In fact, they have one of the strongest EVP’s across our portfolio of clients. Reporting in to dynamic leadership, they have a very clear vision, both as an employee and as a valued patron, you can expect “an experience without the BS”
They love cocktails, and so should you. They look for a passion for hospitality and a willingness to learn. You don’t need to be a mixologist but you’ll certainly want to expand your knowledge. They have relaxing, edgy & friendly venue concepts that make patrons more like part of the family than simply a customer.
Best of all, they don’t overwork their staff. This exciting, rewarding and challenging position reports to Venue Manager, and will require full venue management if the VM’s not on shift.
- Work in a busy and fast paced environment where great service is very much the focus
- Lead a small and skilled team, by example & drive performance, engagement and motivation
- Train staff in SOPs and upskilling
- Ensure optimal venue performance – budgets, revenue, service, brand
- Contribute positively to workplace culture and venue success
- Deal efficiently with any issues as soon as they arise
- Manage social media contributions
- Daily setup, complete shift checklists & undertake close down (incl. cash up & re-float tills and safe)
- Attend/facilitate weekly internal venue management meetings
Required skills & attributes:
- A solid team player that can work with (& develop) talented hospitality professionals
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Someone who takes full accountability and 'ownership' of their role
- Previous experience within a similar busy bar venue, must have 2-4 years’ experience
- A positive and respectful manner
- Familiarity with booking systems, ideally RESDIARY or Book It
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career. Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.