This ‘smart casual’ restaurant – part of an iconic home-grown hospitality brand, is looking for a dynamic Venue Manager to be hands-on and lead the front of house team of this funky and trendy venue. This is your chance to grow with an amazing brand!
- Reporting to the General Manager / Owner, this is a position of leadership and is in charge of operations and providing of outstanding customer service
- You will establish high standards of operating systems, policies and procedures, reviewing these regularly
- Responsible for all aspects of staff management including supervision, rostering, delegation, staff evaluations, succession planning
- You will play a key role in maintaining good staff morale – regularly holding staff meetings, ensuring all team members have a feeling of contribution
- A constant presence on restaurant floor during service times, to ensure a welcome image to all customers whilst maintaining control at all times
- Prepared to work flexible hours across 7day roster system including and weekends, But two days off in a row each week
Required skills and attributes:
- A natural flair for people management
- Extensive experience within the hospitality industry in a similar high volume venue is a must
- Your knowledge of the hospitality industry is paramount
- Strong food and beverage Knowledge
- A passion for great food and great service
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven experience in leading, motivating and coaching your team
- Effective planning, time management and decision-making skills
Salary and benefits:
- Salary package around $75,000 + generous tips + KPI bonus
- Real career development and training opportunities
- A great work environment
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years, we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5-star hotels and leading event venues.