- Reports to the head chef
- Work in a busy and fast paced environment where fresh produce is very much the focus
- Lead a small section
- Control food quality
- Contribute positively to workplace culture and venue success
Required skills & attributes:
- Cantonese or Malaysian cuisine expertise a must, including wok experience
- A solid team player that can work with (& support) talented and dedicated chefs
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Someone who takes full accountability and 'ownership' of their role
- Previous experience within a similar busy restaurant kitchen, must have 2-4 years’ chef experience
- A positive and respectful manner
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
NOTE – Relocation Assistance and Sponsorship are available for eligible candidates
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.