Our client, a well known restaurateur in Southern Sydney specialising in Italian cuisine requires a talented Sous Chef for his newly opened second restaurant in the area. They’re well known and respected for their high standards of food and service.
- Reporting to the Owner you will assist managing the venue’s BOH team
- Work in a busy and fast paced environment where fresh produce is very much the focus
- Supervise the team to deliver unique dining experiences
- Work alongside the owner developing the restaurant and menu
- Control of stock and food quality
- Budget control, ensuring that food costs and wages are to budget
- Lead by example as a hands-on chef who can create and serve food worthy of this venue
Required skills & attributes:
- A charismatic, energetic approach to work
- Someone who takes full accountability and 'ownership' of their role and kitchen
- Previous experience within a similar restaurant, must have 3-5 years’ chef experience
- Menu development expertise, including design and costings
- Italian Cuisine expertise is HIGHLY desirable, as well as fine dining
- A positive and respectful supervisory style
- Passionate about mentoring, training and developing staff
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.