- Working in collaboration with the Head Chef you will share responsibility in managing the day to day operation of our client’s busy commercial kitchen.
- This role will take place in a high volume production kitchen, experience in a similar environment as well as fine dining background is essential.
- Logistical planning and implementation on events.
- Work in a busy and fast paced environment where exceptionally food offering, impeccable service and high attention to detail are very much the focus.
- Lead the team to deliver a unique dining experience.
- Assisting with further development of the current menu offering.
- Control of stock and food quality.
- Lead by example as a hands on chef who can prepare food worthy of this caterer.
Required skills & attributes:
- A charismatic, energetic approach to work.
- Someone who takes full accountability and 'ownership' of their role and leads by example.
- Solid experience in a fast paced, high volume kitchen leadership role within a high production kitchen is essential.
- A strong background in a high end, fine dining environment is an essential requirement for this role.
- Your positive and respectful style will set the benchmark for a dynamic team who you will be tasked with training and developing to the next level and beyond.
- You are a mature leader who has the ability to maintain presence in the kitchen.
- You will have a personal desire to succeed and genuine desire to be the best.
- Professional administration & IT skills, including professional communication via phone & email as well as relevant software.
Salary & benefits:
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Fantastic work-life balance, working predominantly Monday-Friday
- Leading Event Caterer
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.