The Event & Office Administrator will provide a high level of administrative support to the senior management teams across the group, in particular, Group Director.
The role will reach across a lot of different areas including HR, Events, bookkeeping, liaising with service providers, Reservations and so on.
A high level of self-motivation, drive and time management skills will be required for the job allowing a large amount of autonomy to work predominately off-site once settled in.
Some key aspects of the role include;
- Provision of executive, project and personal support to the senior management team
- Assist with coordination of events and in-venue collateral
- Coordinate activities to ensure that the objectives of the organisation are met
- Ensure meetings are documented and coordinate necessary follow-ups
- Be a crucial member of these busy, fast-paced venues with a strong focus on quality produce, food and service
- Managing and coordinating stock control via POS backend (training to be provided).
- Updating and maintain our online presence via websites and other platforms when required.
- Financial reconciliation via Xero, invitibox and other spreadsheets and platforms.
- Maintaining all HR records and ensuring a smooth sign up and induction process for all employees.
- General office and admin support
- Take inbound reservation phone calls and email enquiries
- Organise and help maintain all back-end files
Required skills and attributes:
Not only will you be driven and tenacious, you will be a team player and have;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a PA/EA or in a similar role
- Superior time management and organizational skills – both online and in person.
- High level of communicative skills – verbal, written and interpersonal
- An eye for detail
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Mac Office platforms and also on Microsoft office proficient.
- Strong passion for hospitality a must
- Previous hands-on hospitality experience and/or event coordination will be highly regarded
- Flexible, reliable and willing to learn
- Can act as a conduit between staff and management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of trust at all times
- Can prioritise own workload and be flexible when additional tasks and projects come up to ensure deadlines are met.
Salary and benefits:
- $65,000 plus super (negotiable for the right candidate)
- Plenty of scope for role development
- Be part of a passionate team for this exciting, expanding brand!
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of the workforce in becoming the influencers of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years, we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-win