We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Professional to manage the human resources, people development and growth aspects of the company. The HR Manager works alongside all levels of the organisation, providing an informed, professional and efficient service on all aspects of human resources and strategy. This includes partnering with senior staff to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions in relation to organisational development, culture and change to deliver outcomes and manage issues. This is a challenging and dynamic role that requires strong leadership capability, commercial acumen and provides the opportunity to grow and improve the broader business.
- Reporting to the company directors, you will work across the organisation, developing and implementing innovative people solutions and building collaborative relationships.
- Responsible for setting strategic human resource direction, providing a perspective on growth and expansion; and supporting and sustaining a positive workplace culture.
- Provide advice on implementing best practice strategies and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Work with management and staff to facilitate employee development and training opportunities.
- Manage the end to end recruitment processes for all internal office positions.
- Develop, maintain and review HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Effective management and mentoring of the management, leadership and front-line teams.
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities to educate industry and emerging/growing operators on best practice HR to remove risk and to encourage sustainable business practices within the industry.
Required skills & attributes:
- A generalist HR practitioner, you will be well versed in all aspects of modern human resources and comfortable influencing change across a diverse workforce.
- 5 + year’s experience in a senior HR generalist position
- Experience in a Hospitality / Events or agency environment would be advantageous.
- A passion for communicating and engaging at all levels is essential.
- Proven success managing and leading a team, developing capability and positive team culture, aligned with operational requirements.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of NSW Work Health Safety legislative requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills with proven capacity to review processes and identify, implement and review necessary change in order to achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Experience in high level reporting, strategic planning, budgeting and setting of KPI's at all levels.
At BENCHMARQUE, our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable hospitality and recruitment industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years, we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5-star hotels and leading event venues.