- With a high level of attention to detail and a keen sense for antcipating guests’ needs, you will oversee daily restaurant reservations, welcome guests on arrival, recognise clientele and share responsibility for cashiering.
- At all times you will represent your team in a professional manner giving thought to appropriate communication, speech, etiquette and service timing.
- You will be expected to set a standard of impeccible personal presentation for your co-workers to follow.
- Act as “the face” of the restaurant ensuring that every guest is welcomed and farewelled in a polite, warm and friendly manner.
- Train, develop and mentor junior staff members.
- Superior communication skills, a confident, friendly and always professional manner.
- Confidence in communicating information about menu items, special offers and up-selling in a clear, concise and appealing manner.
- A customer-centric, never say ‘no’ attitude and warm smile.
- Motivated, positive person with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Minimum of 1 year experience working as a Restaurant Host in an upmarket restaurant environment
- MICROS and/or ResPAK systems knowledge or similar
- Previous experience as Wait Staff would also be advantageous
- A current NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate
- Fluency in English
- A passion for great food and great service
- Attractive salary on offer
- Free travel on the metro light rail and discounted car parking
- Employee discounts at 4 exclusive entertainment venues across Australia
- Free meals on duty
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.
Please note only suitable candidates will be contacted!