This leading 5 star hotel conveniently located in Sydney's CBD is looking for a sales and events professional to lead a team of two in providing first class conference, meetings and events. This pivotal role will suit a motivated individual seeking career progression in hotel sales or events management.
Reporting to the Director of Events, the role will be responsible, but not limited to;
- Full event coordination from initial enquiry, proposals, contracting, event planning to invoicing
- Conduct property site visits with clients and provide accurate information regarding meeting and events facilities, capabilities, menu options and catering logistics etc
- Achieve budgeted sales targets by effectively carrying out sales strategies and achieve KPI’s set by the business
- Business Development – sourcing new business for the hotel and retaining current accounts
- Manage and build client relationships
- With great attention to detail your team will be responsible for liaising full event briefs to the hotel departments and to ensure details are communicated accurately to required operational standards
- Update and manage sales database system
Required skills & attributes:
- Have a passion for sales - previous experience in a proactive event sales/coordination role within the hospitality industry essential
- A full understanding of a 5 star hotel environment
- Previous experience using Opera Catering desired but not essential
- Be able to generate leads, negotiate and finalise sales – be target driven
- Excellent time management and be able to prioritise their time and work load
- Great communication skills, be well organised and have the ability to multi-task
- Be career driven – great opportunities to move up within the business
Salary & benefits:
- Competitive salary on offer
- Global career progression opportunities available
- Company benefits – meals on duty, dry cleaning, training and development
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.