Currently seeking a Business Development Director join a motivated sales team to drive new business.
The successful person will play an integral part driving the MICE & Corporate markets during the exciting re-development of this iconic property.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing you will strive to establish this property as one of Sydney’s leading luxury brands.
- Manage and drive individual targets to generate banquet business for the hotel
- Allocate 50% of time to face to face sales to gain new business and grow existing clients
- Effectively develop relationships to strengthen and expand client/customer base
- Maximise revenue by upselling and cross selling packages
- Ensure reports, budgets and expenses are completed accurately
- Obtain feedback from clients, respond to any complaints or queries in a timely manner
- Demonstrate company culture and ethos
- Attend trade shows and industry events
Required skills & attributes:
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role, preferable in a 5 star hotel
- Ability to read forecasts, identify needs and strategise new business development
- Problem solving skills
- Strong negotiating and communication skills
- Overall knowledge of hotel operations
- Experience in selling a luxury brand or product
- Working knowledge of Opera PMS an advantage
Salary & benefits:
- Up to $90,000 + super & incentives depending on experience
- International hotel benefits
- Central Sydney location
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates with skills relevant to our client's expectations will be contacted.