- Manage the business aspects of the bar (bookings/event enquiries, liquor licensing, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Upskilling and Training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation.
- Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
- Planning, hosting, leading and taking part in promotional events (darts competitions, corporate functions, but not limited to these).
- Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
- Working with external marketing team to develop strategies
- Engage and grow the venue general customer member base
What you’ll need..
Knowledge and Abilities
- High School Diploma.
- Bar management experience and higher education is generally preferred.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
- Sales focused with an ability to identify sales opportunities to increase sales based on strong sales analysis skills.
- Fit and able to occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Basic knowledge of marketing to work with and assist our marketing team
- Darts knowledge (preferable, but not necessary as training will be provided)
- Must possess fluency in Korean and be proficient in English
- Integrity – Acting ethically, having appropriate independence and putting the organisation’s interests above personal interests.
- Strong communicator – The ability to engage and communicate with all stakeholders.
- Active Contributor – Have a genuine interest in the organisation and its business dealings
- Culture – A commitment to encouraging a ‘top-down’ culture that encourages inclusiveness, respect and ownership of core values.
- Conviction – The capacity to influence and a preparedness to have an individual opinion even when there is a dissenting view(s)
- Commitment – This will be largely your business to run with. Our client requires someone who is completely committed to the business, willing to lead by example and step in when required.
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of the workforce in becoming the influencers of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5 star hotels and leading event venues.