In order to be successful for this role, you will need to be innovative and have exceptional communication skills to further develop and promote the beverage program at this established venue.
Skills and Qualifications
- Manage the business aspects of the bar (bookings/ event enquiries, liquor licensing, negotiating supplier contracts, taking and restocking inventory, managing budgets and setting targets)
- Hiring, Upskilling and Training staff to provide excellent service to guests.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that the bar is well staffed during peak hours
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls
- Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation
- Working and engaging with diverse personalities with both staff and guests
- Planning, hosting, leading and taking part in promotional events (corporate functions, competitions, limited time promotions)
- Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to mitigate safety or legal issues and ejecting unruly persons if required
- Working with external marketing team to develop strategies
- Engage and grow the venue general customer member base
Skills and Qualifications
- Hospitality tertiary qualifications preferred
- 2+ years of Bar Management experience
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and maximise efficiency and resources
- Sales focused with an ability to identify sales opportunities to increase sales based on sales and analytical skills
- Fit and able to occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced and stressful environment
- Have a strong proficiency in English
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of the workforce in becoming the influencers of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years, we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5-star hotels and leading event venues.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates with skills relevant to our clients' expectations will be contacted