In this operational events role, an ideal candidate will oversee the day to day banquet operations across award-winning The Star Events Centre in Pyrmont. You'll be responsible for driving excellence in all aspects of the Banquets customer’s experience and have a great deal of fun along the way.
- You'll manage the FOH and BOH service team members ensuring events are compliant and met to the expectations of the client brief.
- A keen eye and passion to clearly demonstrate to customers and employees a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of excellent service standards at all times.
- Deliver a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service standards to our client's customers.
- Assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of service standards within the venue to ensure they meet organisational standards and are maintained.
- Ensure that cash handling procedures are adhered to, all shift takings are recorded and investigate variances and discrepancies as required and train staff on all relevant systems.
- You'll love meeting and exceed monthly stocktake to ensure COGS meet business requirements
- Check on all ongoing events, staffing, reviewing changes and last-minute Banquet Event order updates
- Liaising with Event Executives and clients to ensure high levels of service excellence is delivered for all events
- Report all faults, repairs and maintenance requirements in a timely manner to ensure minimal disruption to the business.
- Assist with rosters and leave applications and co-ordinate daily operational staffing requirements ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and statutory requirements.
What you'll need
- Tertiary qualifications in Hospitality are highly desirable.
- Minimum 3-4 years supervisory experience in high turnover hospitality operations/catering/banquets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated ability in;
*Planning and resourcing people and products.
*Controlling labour costs and operating expenses.
- Knowledge of food service, banquet set-ups and banquet equipment requirements.
- Experience in leading professional hospitality teams.
At BENCHMARQUE, our motivation is to inspire and enable others to consider hospitality or events as a career, where we encourage and nurture professional and personal growth to lead members of today's workforce in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team represents a collective of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals, who are committed to aligning the right people with the right business. Over the last 10 years, we have partnered with small independent operators to emerging hospitality groups and publicly listed companies to expand our workforce of professionals working across award-winning restaurants, 5-star hotels and leading event venues.
Curious to discover more about us?
Click the link to our blog here: https://blog.benchmarque.co/